Peers tap Algrant to lead council
Please click on link to see full artice which is on page 1 in today’s Suburbanite.
For the past three years, I have been the City’s first Mayor to serve as Council President.
Councilwoman Lynne Algrant was elected President of the City Council and Councilman Michael Cohen was elected President Pro Tempore. Ward 4 Councilman Wayne Hamer rejoined the governing body.
There are five areas of revitalizatin that the city will focus on in the coming year:
- adopting a new Master Plan after months of public input
- creating a new light rail commission with the Englewood
Economic Development Commission
- completing redevelopment of the vacant Lincoln School
- continuing to beautify public spaces
- unifying residents of all four wards as an “Englewood One”
Stay tuned for more to come.
Mayor Frank Huttle III