Hurricane Alert – Updated Emergency Contact Information
Hurricane Watch Update 5:39 a.m., Friday August 26, 2011:
The National Weather Service Hurricane Watch Continues In Effect – Dangerous Hurricane Irene to Impact the Region Saturday Night into Sunday Night. For up to date information go to the National Weather Service website at http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=40.898981853950985&lon=-73.96957397460937&site=okx&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text
In case of emergency situations, all Englewood residents are directed to call the Englewood Police Department at 201-568-2700 or 911. The Englewood Fire Department Emergency Phone numbers are 201-568-6300 or 201-568-6301.
More information can be found on the State of New Jersey website at http://ready.nj.gov/. Below is some information on the website on how to prepare your home when a Hurricane is approaching:
- Three days’ supply of canned, non-perishable, ready-to-eat food
- Three days’ supply of water (a total of three gallons per family member)
- Battery-operated radio and extra batteries
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- One week’s prescription medication
- First Aid Kit
- Special needs items:
- Infant care items
- Items for elderly family members
- Items for relatives with disabilities
- Store important documents in a waterproof, safe location
More information on hurricane preparation is available at http://www.redcross.org/
Hurricane alerts will also be posted on the City of Englewood’s website at http://www.cityofenglewood.org/.
The City asks all residents to prepare in advance while the Hurricane is approaching Englewood. Please listen to weather forecast for updated information on the storm.
Mayor Frank Huttle III